In re Pacific Avenue, LLC (Chapter 11 Case No. 10-32093)
- Represented strategic buyer in purchase of mortgage loan for EpiCentre complex in uptown Charlotte
- Conducted confidential information that discovered fraud -- http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2011/10/owner-of-epicentres-debt-says.html
- Negotiated with Mecklenburg County to change permitting to allow final permitting of the EpiCentre and separate development of hotel in air rights above the EpiCentre -- http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/print-edition/2011/09/02/uptown-charlottes-epicentre.html
- Negotiated with unsecured creditors, tenants and debtor’s insiders, resulting in confirmation of creditor’s plan that transferred ownership of debtors and affiliated companies to client -- http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2012/08/judge-ghazi-epicenter-deadline.html
Other select newspaper articles:
In re Farmer (Chapter 11 Case No. 10-40269 and 10-40270)
- Successfully represented mortgage lender in opposing debtors’ plan to treat mortgage loans to separate special purpose entities as if all loans had been made to only a single entity.
Bank of New York v. Flanders Corporation and Flanders/Precisionaire Corporation (14 CvS 152, North Carolina Business Court)
- Successfully obtained negotiated settlement with tenant and tenant’s parent in litigation resulting from borrower’s default
Macik v. Sartin (In re Macik), 535 F. 3d 284 (4th Cir. 2008)
- Won appeal at the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, reversing the lower courts and holding that a default judgment against the debtor was not sufficient to grant the creditor judgment that the debt was not dischargeable.